CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault Review

Storing User Passwords and Credentials, Facilitates auditing by recording activity

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for storing user passwords and administration credentials.

I am the engineer for a company that sells this solution mostly to financial institutions.

It is also useful for auditing and securing shared accounts or co-shared accounts.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the special management. It records the activity and the actions that we use for auditing.

What needs improvement?

The deployment architecture, the ability to locate and change credentials and the stability need to be improved. They need to install or include an appliance-based option, which CyberArk does not have.

The technical support can improve on the time that it takes to get a callback.

The integration is great but needs to be a bit more user-friendly.

Also, a feature with the ability to create password sync.

In the next release, I would like to see the following:

• Availability on the cloud and the appliance.
  • More documentation for the setup.
  • Simplify the deployment.
  • Continuous operation with this solution.
  • Simplify the infrastructure for better stability.
  • Increase the support for applications.
  • Invest in local on the ground staff in various regions.
  • The ability to search by the activities, especially for Windows Servers.
  • Improve the auditing capabilities for their searches.

I have been using this solution for three years.

The stability depends on the infrastructure it is installed on, which is important because CyberArk does not have the hardware appliance.

This solution is scalable. It scales very well, there are no issues.

The technical support is good, there are no issues.

They know what to do when you call them, they are competent.

Sometimes they can take too long before getting back to you, which is something that can be improved.

Previously I was using Centrify and One Identity. We switched because CyberArk has a lot of strength in my region. Some partners do not want to deploy CyberArk to their customers because they feel it will create competition when it comes to renewal. They don't want the price to be affected.

The initial setup is complex. The architecture needs improvement in the documentation for the setup and the manageability.

If you have everything provided for you, it can take three to four hours to deploy this solution.

I think that it might be cheaper than the other competitors in our region.

What other advice do I have?

I have learned that the deployment can be tricky. Always plan your deployment in phases.

Don't unload all of your privilege credentials at once, otherwise, you have an issue with the passwords.

Always, have help available on standby when you are deploying this solution to prevent issues.

This solution is quite efficient. You don't always have to have your applications. If you are encrypting the server, you don't need the applications. You are required to do it on your workstation. The server will deliver that to you from the managing pack when you try to implement the sessions.