CyberArk Privileged Access Manager Review

We can monitor sessions in real time. If there's any unnecessary activity, we can terminate the session.

What is most valuable?

With the Privileged Session Manager, we can monitor sessions in real time and terminate the session if there's any unnecessary activity found. For example: We give access to user to access the server only to update patches, but if we find any activity not related to patch updates, we can terminate the session.

How has it helped my organization?

Actually my company/previous company does not use this product, but we sold it to our customer. This product helped our customer manage their privileged accounts. It’s easier to them to manage and control the privileged accounts.

What needs improvement?

It needs more plugin connectors for all devices. CyberArk currently can manage or make it easier to manage about 80% of our total devices. The rest still need R&D to develop the plugin. If CyberArk had more plugin connectors, the customer would not need to raise plugin development requests for several devices and CyberArk could easily connect to these devices.

What I mean with CyberArk needing to improve plugin connector is that currently CyberArk is able to manage almost all devices (server, network devices, security devices etc.) which are more than 80% of all devices. In my experience device such as IBM OS/390 and Cisco TACACS still need custom plugin connectors developed by CyberArk R&D.

If CyberArk IS able manage more than 95% from total devices it would help the customer to using it without raising a support ticket to create a plugin connector. CyberArk will more easier to manage all devices with no compromise

I used this solution from mid-2013 until mid-2015.

So far, it is stable.

This product is scales easily.

Technical support is good. They have good technical teams around the world including southeast Asia.

Most customers using a different solution switch to CyberArk because CyberArk is more user-friendly than its competitors and have more plugins compared to the others.

Initial setup was actually easier.

Start small.

Yes, we evaluate other options. The issue was about price, stability, scalability and the development of this product to ensure support.

What other advice do I have?

Contact the local distributor for help.

More CyberArk Privileged Access Manager reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about CyberArk Privileged Access Manager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.