CyberArk PAS Review

It helps us proactively protect, detect and respond to in-progress cyberattacks before they strike vital systems and compromise sensitive data.

Valuable Features

• Password management and accountability for Privileged accounts
  • Identify, protect and monitor the usage of Privileged accounts
  • Record and control privileged sessions on critical systems i.e. Windows, Unix, DBs
  • Application credentials including SSH keys and hard-coded embedded passwords can be managed
  • Control and monitor the commands super-users can run based on their role
  • PTA is a security intelligence system that allows organizations to detect, alert, and respond to cyberattacks on privileged accounts.

Improvements to My Organization

Privileged accounts represent the largest security vulnerability an organization faces today. Most organisations are not aware of the total number of privilege accounts.

Compromising privilege accounts leads to various breaches. With this growing threat, organisations need controls put in place to proactively protect, detect and respond to in-progress cyberattacks before they strike vital systems and compromise sensitive data.

On implementing the CyberArk PIM solution, we are able to achieve this goal. Now, we are aware of the total privileged accounts in our enterprise. These are securely stored and managed by the Vault. The end users need not remember passwords for these accounts to use them.

E.g.: A Unix Admin who has to login to a Unix server using the "root" account needs to log in to CyberArk and search for the root account, click Connect and he can perform all of his activities. We can enforce a command list on this account, monitor his activities and also get to know who has used this root account. The access to this account can also be restricted. The user does not have to remember any credentials.

Room for Improvement

Integration of this tool with SAML is a problem, as there is a bug. We’d like to be able to integrate AWS accounts in CyberArk.

Use of Solution

I have been using this solution for the past three years. I have implemented this solution for various clients from banking and pharmaceutical companies.

I have not really encountered any issues with stability.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

I rate technical support 9/10, very good.

Straightforward, easy-to-install setup.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It is expensive.

Other Solutions Considered

Before we chose CyberArk, we evaluated ARCOS.

Other Advice

Go ahead and use CyberArk. Request a demo.