CyberArk PAS Review

Sys/DB admins and third parties no longer need to have system credentials.

What is most valuable?

• Password vaulting
  • Granular commands profiling with OPM

How has it helped my organization?

• Sys/DB admins no longer need to have system credentials (and the same for third parties)
  • Access profiling
  • Request demands from domain groups

What needs improvement?

The management console has a lot of functionalities, but is a little bit complex to use.

Customer support and technical support can be better, compared with the level of products.

I have used it for one year.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues, technically speaking. Issues with the licenses can occur; the pricing model is not easy to understand.

Technical support is 7/10.

I did not previously use a different solution.

Initial setup was very easy. We started integrating systems and providing access to systems within few days.

From my experience, for small environments, the subscription licensing model is very cheap.

We also evaluate other solutions in the Magic Quadrant for PAM solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Before defining the solution’s architecture, clearly define your requirements and the kind of systems in scope. Some systems/device can be integrated out-of-the-box, others need customization.

Plus: easy to deploy, highly customizable
Minus: a little bit complex to integrate in large environment, complex rules/customization takes time

More CyberArk PAS reviews from users