CyberArk PAS Review

Sys/DB admins and third parties no longer need to have system credentials.

Valuable Features

• Password vaulting
  • Granular commands profiling with OPM

Improvements to My Organization

• Sys/DB admins no longer need to have system credentials (and the same for third parties)
  • Access profiling
  • Request demands from domain groups

Room for Improvement

The management console has a lot of functionalities, but is a little bit complex to use.

Customer support and technical support can be better, compared with the level of products.

Use of Solution

I have used it for one year.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues, technically speaking. Issues with the licenses can occur; the pricing model is not easy to understand.

Technical support is 7/10.

I did not previously use a different solution.

Initial setup was very easy. We started integrating systems and providing access to systems within few days.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

From my experience, for small environments, the subscription licensing model is very cheap.

Other Solutions Considered

We also evaluate other solutions in the Magic Quadrant for PAM solutions.

Other Advice

Before defining the solution’s architecture, clearly define your requirements and the kind of systems in scope. Some systems/device can be integrated out-of-the-box, others need customization.

Plus: easy to deploy, highly customizable
Minus: a little bit complex to integrate in large environment, complex rules/customization takes time