CyberArk PAS Review

The integration of Auto IT provided the flexibility to add thick clients and websites. It is expensive and the professional service team charges for each and every thing.

Valuable Features

I see the Auto IT integration as the most valuable feature.

Improvements to My Organization

I have seen improvements compared to the older versions and the integration of Auto IT provided the flexibility to add thick clients and websites.

Room for Improvement

Session recording search capability has to be improved. It should include more platforms for password management. It should include more thick client integrations.

Use of Solution

I used it for almost six years.

There is dependency on Windows tasks and if any AD GPO changes are pushed, it affects the system and stops working.

I have not encountered any scalability issues. The product scales as the organisation grows.

Technical support from the vendor is the worst and that is one reason I stopped using CyberArk.

The initial setup is not so complex, but CyberArk does require more servers for a full-fledged installation.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The solution is costly and the licensing is very complex.

Other Solutions Considered

I was using CyberArk for more than six years and I have now switched to ARCOS. I was impressed with ARCOS because of the following reasons:

• Cost-effective solution
  • Fewer servers required
  • Flexibility, performance
  • More features
  • Simple licensing
  • Good support

I evaluated other solutions such as Leiberman, ManageEngine, TPAM, and Xceedium.

ARCOS seems to be very promising and cost effective. Also, ARCOS doesn’t have a traditional jump server concept, which saves the customer from spending more on hardware. The licensing is very simple (number of admins & target IPs), where most of the features are available by default with the basic license.

Other Advice

CyberArk architecture is good and more secure, but I see the solution as expensive. Support is the worst; CyberArkstaff is not supportive, their professional service team charges for each and every thing.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We were the distributor for Cyber Ark.