CyberArk PAS Review

The proxy solution using PSM and PSMP gives leverage to reach out to servers which are NATed.

What is most valuable?

The proxy solution using PSM and PSMP is valuable. It gives leverage to reach out to servers which are NATed in separate networks and can be reached only by using a jump server.

How has it helped my organization?

Security has been improved. It has improved compliance and there is more control over the privileged users.

What needs improvement?

The performance of this product needs to be improved. When the number of privileged accounts increases, i.e., exceeds 2000, then the performance of the system reduces. The login slows down drastically and also the connection to the target system slows down. This is my observation and thus, the server sizing needs to be increased.

I have used this solution for three years.

We have not encountered any stability issues so far.

We have experienced some scalability issues, in terms of the performance.

The technical support is good.

Initially, we were using the CA ControlMinder. There were many issues with this solution, mainly in regards to no proxy solution and poor performance.

The setup has a medium level of complexity.

One should negotiate well.

We looked at other solutions such as CA PAM, Lieberman Software, Thycotic and ARCOS.

What other advice do I have?

This is the best product from its breed.

1 visitor found this review helpful
2 Comments
BeckyCommunity Mgr

Can you explain more about why you chose CyberArk vs other products you mentioned?

29 May 17
Rodney DapilmotoReal UserTOP 5LEADERBOARD

The beauty of using the PSMP is that an end user can bypass logging through the PVWA and go directly to using their choice of terminal emulation for SSH (i.e. Putty or SecureCRT, etc.).

04 July 18