CyberArk PAS Review

Reduced the overhead to protect enterprise data from delays.

What is most valuable?

• EPV: Enterprise Password Vault
  • PSM: Privileged Session Manager
  • AIM: Application Identity Manager
  • The latest version of the product is mature and there is more functionality than we need.

How has it helped my organization?

• Improved security
  • Reduced the overhead to protect enterprise data from delays
  • Receives logs about all activities
  • Compliance with several standards

I’m not the end-user. As a solutions architect (consultant), I designed and planned the solution in a very complex network environment.

We have not encountered any stability issues. After more than six years with my first CyberArk client, everything works great.

We have not encountered any scalability issues. The solution was scaled right at the beginning of the project.

We called technical support a few times and they came back to us very quickly. They fixed our problems very quickly. The problems were caused mainly by changes in the network.

We did not use any previous solution.

We were assisted for the initial setup by a CyberArk consultant for one week.

A good architecture will help to gather the business requirements. You can then come up with the right sizing and licenses. If it is a large installation, implement in phases to become familiar with the products, and then purchase the licenses at the right time.

All other top solutions in the Gartner Magic Quadrant were evaluated and CyberArk came up as the best and most mature choice. I compared all solutions using my client business requirements and what the solutions offered to them on the top of the business requirements. The scope of the project became wider.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend being well prepared. Do not improvise. Understand what you are doing. Take the time to read the technical documentation, and not just the marketing material, to understand CyberArk. It will not be a waste of time.

Take the time to prepare, clean, and document all your privileged, services, and application accounts. Use the product for its intended design.

1 visitor found this review helpful