CyberArk PAS Review

Provides a full audit trail and approval workflow functionality.

What is most valuable?

• Ability to manage passwords for highly privileged, service accounts, which are not tied to a person
  • The inclusion of a full audit trail
  • Approval workflow functionality

How has it helped my organization?

Management of these accounts is typically required to prevent abuse and prove compliance.

What needs improvement?

Perhaps improve the user registry integration. User registry integration is atypical in the sense that the product creates a copy of the user inside the product itself. This is done to accommodate for license seat counting.

Depending upon the size of the user base and license model, it may not allow new users to log in to the platform. I doubt that the vendor considers this an issue.

I have used CyberArk for three years, including the implementation of the product.

I did not have stability issues.

I did not have scalability issues.

The product is not very difficult to install. However, there are some considerations that need to be taken into account. Technical support is very well aware of this.

The setup was simple. It is Windows based and leverages installation wizards to perform the installation. Also, sufficient documentation exists to guide you through the setup procedure.

Examine the user base and frequency of use. A lot of licensing models exist. However, having this clear will immediately indicate what fits best. As for pricing, I cannot comment.

We didn’t look at alternatives.

What other advice do I have?

Assure that the organization is ready and willing to adopt this. The typical business cases cannot be addressed by the product alone.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a CyberArk business partner implementing for customers.