CyberArk PAS Review

Enables us to manage passwords of highly privileged accounts.

What is most valuable?

The product enables us manage passwords of highly privileged (service) accounts. These are not tied to a person, and they include a full audit trail and approval workflow functionality.

How has it helped my organization?

Management of these accounts is typically required to prevent abuse and gain control of this.

What needs improvement?

Perhaps improve the user registry integration. It is already fine, but a bit atypical.

My experience with the product was with older versions, so this may not represent the actual case anymore. In essence, user registry integration is atypical in the sense that the product creates a copy of the user inside the product itself (to accommodate for license seat counting, I guess).

Depending upon the size of the user base and license model, it may not allow new users to log in to the platform. I doubt the vendor considers this an issue, though.

I have used this for three years, including the implementation of the product

There were no issues with stability.

There were no issues with scalability.

Technical support is OK. The product is not very difficult to install, but there are some considerations that need to be taken into account. Tech support is very well aware of this.

The initial setup was simple. It is windows based and leverages installation wizards to perform installation. Also, sufficient documentation exists to guide the setup procedure.

Look well at the user base and frequency of use. A lot of licensing models exist, but having this clear will immediately indicate what fits best.

As for pricing, I cannot comment.

We did not evaluate other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that the organization is ready and willing to adopt this, as the typical business cases cannot be addressed by the product alone.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a CyberArk business partner.