What is our primary use case?
We provide privilege account security and consulting to our customers. Organisations that we work with use CyberArk Privileged Account Security to secure their privilege accounts, which are shared between users in the organisation. It provides automatic password management and provides the single sign-on experience to users for all privilege accounts (Windows - administrator, Linux - root, MS SQL - SA, Oracle - SYS, SSH keys, etc.).
It also provides DVR like recording for all privilege access and text-based recording to easily audit all privilege activities.
The new Privilege Threat Analytics platform provides proactive protection by suspending the user session when it detects an anomaly based on past user login and session activity details. In addition, we can configure the solution to detect scoring on all privilege sessions for easier audits.
The Application Identity Manager module helps to eliminate hard-coded passwords in the application and enables us to easily change database passwords.
How has it helped my organization?
- Automatic password management, which will automatically change passwords based on compliance requirements.
- DVR like video recording and text-based recording for easier audits.
- Easily scan the network for all privilege accounts and has an easier onboarding process.
- SSH key management
- Command level restriction for all SSH-based devices.
- Anomaly detection and prevention for all privilege accounts.
- Integration with ticketing tools and SIEM solutions.
What is most valuable?
- Ability to provide native experience for users to login to privilege accounts. They do not need to go through a portal to access servers and accounts.
- Agentless solution which is easy to customise to any platform having network connectivity.
- Wide range of devices supported out-of-the-box.
- Easy to configure HA and DR options.
- Online training enables cost effective valuable training.
What needs improvement?
This product needs professional consulting services to onboard accounts effectively based user profiles.
For how long have I used the solution?
One to three years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
How is customer service and technical support?
Excellent customer support.
Which solutions did we use previously?
We did not previously use another solution.
How was the initial setup?
The setup is very straightforward.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
The cost is high compared to other products, but CyberArk provides all the features bundled. This is compared to other vendors who provide them as a different license for each functionality.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
At present, we are only focusing on CyberArk for privilege account security. Comparing it to other providers, Cyberark provides a more user-friendly environment with many more features and benefits.
What other advice do I have?
I have used and deployed it in various environments so far. It really covers all the use cases provided by the customer.
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are certified Gold partners for CyberArk and implemented this solution for a customer from various industry verticals.
May 23 2018