CyberArk PAS Review

We can manage many accounts and broker connections between devices without needing to know passwords

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for privileged account management. It is performing well.

We are currently using CyberArk for applications running in the cloud. We are also using them for DevOps. We have some new things that we are implementing, and are working non-stop to leverage these features.

In addition, we are using CyberArk to secure applications and endpoints.

How has it helped my organization?

We know when passwords will be expiring so we can force users to change their passwords, as well as requiring specific password requirements for length, complexity, etc.

Our security goal would be to keep people from putting the passwords in text files, do online shares, etc. This gives us more granular control.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to manage many accounts and broker connections between devices without needing to know passwords.

It is a customizable product.

What needs improvement?

I like that they have continued with the RESTful API and the ability to leverage automation. I would like to see that continue.

I would like easier integrations for creating an online dashboard that executives would look at or are able to run reports from the tool.

Three to five years.

The stability has been very good.

The scalability has been good, and will meet our needs in five year's time.

Technical support has been very responsive in navigating challenges. It is very easy to open a ticket.

We were previously using HPM.

It was complex. Because at that point. I had only recently joined the security team. I was told, "Here's a share with the files. Go install this."

I don't know that we are able to measure that at this point, other than no data breaches.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you have a development or QA environment.

I did training today on the new plugin generator utility.

I would rate it about a nine for ease of use and deployment. They are continuously improving the product. It works great, and there is a lot of documentation available.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: Longevity and length of time in the business. Not that there is anything wrong with startups, but these folks have been out there with a proven track record. We talk to other people, look at the reports, etc.