CyberArk PAS Review

We are able to centrally manage credentials, touch applications, and rotate passwords

What is our primary use case?

We use it for all of our privileged accounts, local admin, domain admin, and application accounts. We use several of the product suites. We are using the EPV suite along with AIM, and we are looking into using Conjur right now. Overall, it has been a great product and helped out a lot with being able to manage privileged accounts.

We don't have a lot of stuff in the cloud right now, but as we move forward, this is why we are looking at Conjur. We would definitely use it for that and DevOps.

We have owned the product since version 6.5.

How has it helped my organization?

We are utilizing CyberArk to secure application credentials and endpoints using AIM. We have a big project this year to try to secure a lot of application accounts using AIM.

It is helping to centralize control over credentials. It gets a lot of privileged accounts off endpoints and rotates them, so they are not out in the open.

What is most valuable?

• Scalability
  • Stability
  • Usability

We are able to centrally manage credentials, touch applications, and rotate passwords.

I have some experience with the generator utility plugin. Although, we did plugins prior to the generator, manually installing them working with support. I do like the interface with the generator utility plugin, as it is very handy.

What needs improvement?

We would like to expand the usage of the auto discovery accounts feed, then on our end, tie in the REST API for automation.

More than five years.

It is very stable. We have not had any issues. There is a lot of redundancy that you can build into the product, so it's a very solid product.

It has the ability to scale out. We have scaled out quite a bit with our product and use of it to get to multiple locations and businesses, so it has the breadth to do that.

The technical support does a good job. Sometimes, it takes you a little bit to get to the right person. As they grow, they are having growing pains. One of the things is just being able to get somebody on the phone sometimes. Besides that, usually if you put in a ticket, you get a response back quickly. However, overall, they have a good, solid group.

We were not using a different solution before CyberArk.

What other advice do I have?

One of the biggest factors when dealing with this field/area in privileged accounts is you have to have executive support from the top down. Push for this, because trying to get different business units or groups to implement this product is very hard if you don't have upper level management support.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Stability of the product.
  • The customer service interface: Someone who can work with you on the product and understand what your needs are.