CyberArk PAS Review

It hardens access and makes the organization more secure, therefore reducing chances of a breach

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to secure privileged access.

Right now, it is performing fairly well. We have had instances where we have had to work with the customer support to integrate a custom plugin and struggled a bit there. It took a bit longer than we expected, but it ended up working out. Most of our focus now is getting our systems into CyberArk, which has nothing to do with the CyberArk software. It is just being able to communicate with our internal team to get them in there. So far, we haven't had a problem with CyberArk.

How has it helped my organization?

The product is for hardening access and making the organization more secure, therefore reducing chances of a breach. That is the most beneficial to any company, avoiding any type of data loss which will reflect negatively on your company. Once that happens, you are frowned upon, and nobody wants that.

It plays a huge role in enhancing our organization's privileged access and security hygiene. We are using it for most of our open systems, like Windows and Unix. Our plan is to integrate it with our entire internal network.

What is most valuable?

The central password manager is the most valuable feature because the password is constantly changing. If an outsider threat came in and gained access to one of those passwords, they would not have access for long. That is critical and very important for the stability of our company.

What needs improvement?

One of the main things that could be improved would be filtering accounts on the main page and increasing the functionality of the filters. There are some filters on the side which are very specific, but I feel there could be more. For example, I want to look at accounts which are not working within a specific safe all at the same time.

So far, so good with stability. We have done a couple disaster recovery exercises with CyberArk, and they have gone according to plan.

We have not gotten to scalability yet, because we are still working on integrating our systems. We have a very minute portion of it.

So, scalability will come afterwards, once we have everything there and we understand how much capacity we have used. As of now, scalability has not been an issue.

The product should meet our needs in the future.

The technical support is good at communicating. I learned a lot yesterday about how to figure out a support case quicker by helping them help you, and by giving them as much information as you can. In the past, I have not done that as well as I could have.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

Not applicable.

I do not have much experience with other solutions, so I don't think I can adequately compare and contrast it with others.

What other advice do I have?

CyberArk is on top of its game. The product has worked well for our company.

If you are looking at implementing this solution, buy the training and go to it. If you do not train, it is hard to understand it. It is hard to pick it up by cross-training with other people. You really want to start off strong.

Most important criteria when evaluating a technical solution:

Be brutally honest about all the factors that go into the solution that you are looking for (buyer) and what the solution can offer (seller).