CyberArk PAS Review

Give us the ability to rotate privileged user passwords to eliminate fraudulent use

What is our primary use case?

We use it to harden our passwords for privileged users. We also utilize CyberArk to secure application server credentials.

We plan to utilize CyberArk's secure infrastructure and applications running in the cloud. We have AWS now. That is our next avenue: To get in there and have that taken care of.

How has it helped my organization?

If any intruder gets inside, they would not be able to move around nor do lateral movements. It minimize any attack problems within our network.

It keeps us from having to fight with passwords or groups which are not getting onboard with the program.

What is most valuable?

We are able to rotate privileged user passwords to eliminate fraudulent use.

What needs improvement?

The web access piece needs improvement. We have version 9.5 or 9.9.5, and now we have to upgrade to version 10.

Less than one year.

Stability is rock solid.

Scalability should not be an issue with us. Our implementation team sized it real well when we received it. We are a younger installation, so we have a long way to go. We have not seen the top end yet.

The technical support is great. They are very responsive.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

CyberArk is the best out there. Their product makes our privileged access management so much easier.

For privilege access management, there is really no choice but to implement this or a similar solution. It is the last bastion that companies have. Firewalls used to be the perimeter and the place to be. Nowadays, intruders can walk through the perimeter (the firewall). So, we have to get on the inside and get it tied down. They are not very many people playing in this market. CyberArk is on the top, so there should not be any reason not to go with it.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Best of breed
  • Top quality support organization.