CyberArk PAS Review

We were able to secure all the server root passwords and admin for Windows

What is our primary use case?

Our primary case is for AIM. We are a huge AIM customer, and we also do the shared account management.

We are looking into utilizing CyberArk's secure infrastructure and running application in the cloud for future usage.

How has it helped my organization?

CyberArk has allowed us to get the credentials and passwords out of hard-coded property files. This is why we went with AIM in the beginning. Then, on the EBB user side, we were able to secure all the server root passwords and admin for Windows. This was a big win for us.

It helps us with our SOX's controls and meeting new client directives.

What is most valuable?

• AIM
  • CPM

What needs improvement?

I would like to see is the policy export and import. When we expend, we do not want to just hand do a policy. Even with exporting and importing, this will help.

More than five years.

So far, so good. We have not had any downtime. We do not want to jinx it.

We think it is good. That is why we moved to it.

We open the cases. We have made phone calls. We have engaged the professional services and the consulting services to help us move on.

They are mostly up to par. Sometimes, they are a hindrance, when you know you have been through the issue again, and they want to gather the same log files, start from the basics, and we already know we are past that.

Sometimes, we just need a Level 2 person instead of starting with a Level 1 person, or we need a higher level of support on an issue right away.

We are a long-time customers, so we know what we are doing. The turnover might be an issue, because the support people are not local, or something. Therefore, it takes overnight to receive an answer back. We are hoping we can get local support. Though, recently it is getting better.

We did have one serious case, where our support person and everybody needed a vacation, then took a vacation day, but our leadership needed us to stay on top of the case. It was a day or two where we didn't get any feedback. It would have been nice to know that they were going to be off. They had to hurry and quickly to get somebody assigned to the case. That was probably our only experience there.

Our solution architects, and some of the people on that side, did the PoC and the initially implementation. Then, they handed it off to us.

There is a lot of return of our investment related to SOX compliance.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the product.

We have done a lot of customer referrals for CyberArk. It is good. It fits our needs, and there is not anything else out in the market that can match it.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Good support.
  • Meeting the each of the requirements.
  • Usability of the product.
  • Ease of implementation.
  • Not a lot of customization; you can get it right out-of-the-box and run with it.