CyberArk PAS Review

Gives us the flexibility to integrate with other technologies and applications

What is our primary use case?

We use it for all application IDs to onboard into CyberArk. So far, the performance is good because we have onboarded more than 40,000 accounts, and it's growing every day.

We plan to utilize CyberArk's secure infrastructure application running in the cloud. We are conducting workshops with CyberArk on this. So it is planned but not yet confirmed. We are not using CyberArk's secure application credentials and endpoints.

How has it helped my organization?

Previously, we didn't have any password rotation policy for application IDs. Once we implemented CyberArk, we created a policy. It's good to rotate the passwords every two weeks. That is the biggest value for us.

It gives us one place to store the keys to the kingdom, so if there is any breach we know where it is and what to do.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility of integrating with other technologies is important because of a lot of applications - a lot of COTS products - are not supported when we are bringing the application IDs. The CyberArk platform provides a lot of opportunities to do customization.

What needs improvement?

CyberArk has a lot on the privileged access side but they have to concentrate more on the application side as well.

More than five years.

So far, we haven't seen any major hurdles. We haven't had any downtime because of CyberArk.

I would rate scalability at seven or eight out of 10. There is a need to improve the usage on for the consumer side. I hope in the upcoming product, the version may fulfill this.

Technical support is good but the problem is when we are using the application side. The support people have a security background, so they may not know the application technology, so it's a challenge right now. Once they understand, then they make progress but, until then, we have to educate them.

Before CyberArk we had a number of solutions, CA and IBM products, but CyberArk meets our requirements regarding application password management.

I was involved in the initial setup and I actually used CyberArk's Professional Services. It was straightforward. We didn't have any hurdles during the setup.

It's very hard to quantify because previously we didn't have anything like this. You can imagine, there was a policy not to rotate the passwords, but now after implementing CyberArk, every two weeks we are rotating the password without business impact, so that is the biggest ROI, even though we cannot quantify it.

We evaluated Thycotic and one other.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to use it as an application password management cloud solution, think about it not as a security person but as an application person. If CyberArk does not meet your requirements, it has a way to meet them through customization.

Our most important criteria when selecting a vendor include scalability and stability as well meeting our security requirements for applications

From the application perspective, I would rate it at eight out of 10 because it's very easy to use and stable.