CyberArk PAS Review

The threat analytics is an important feature. This is a robust product.

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is password management.

What is most valuable?

I find the threat analytics is an important feature. CyberArk can look at the log details, and analyze who is using the applications, which are their locations, and which are the IP locations from which they are accessing. This enables the solution to find the exact location the threat is emanating from. We really value this feature.

What needs improvement?

The usual workload on the system is sometimes delayed by CyberArk. So, any major work is getting delayed, and may take twice the amount of time that it usually does. For instance, if there's a password change of an account it will take time because you have to log in, then  authenticate, and this is followed by delays. It becomes cumbersome and frustrating.

Less than one year.

It is a stable product.

The scalability of the solution is good. We expanded, and we found the biggest part was a bit unfomfortable in terms of product. They are designing, leveraging the features so greater different markets are joined. On the ground it was difficult initially.

I found techincal support is adequate. The Indian team is not so good. They are OK with helping, but not all of the engineers are entirely experienced.

The initial setup was OK. If I set up one box, one automation, one machine, within one program, it is O. But, if I have multiple locations in Japan, China, Asia, Singapore, and the like, I will have some trouble. I have faced this problem in the past.

It is quite costly. The license is a concern for some of the clients.

I have previous experience with Oracle in the past. There is an ease of use with Oracle, because it is small and not very complex. You can wrap your work in a single day with Oracle. In comparison, the API is quite small with CyberArk. But, the product itself is so robust.