CyberArk PAS Review

Provides a more secure computing environment, allowing only approved programs to run securely

What is our primary use case?

Used to allow the removal of local administrators from 12,000 endpoints and yet still allows users to have the applications they need with the proper permissions required.

How has it helped my organization?

Users were removed from local administrators group on all desktop endpoints providing a more secure computing environment, allowing only those programs approved to run securely.

What is most valuable?

• The visibility of what is being run and control of those applications.
  • Limiting the unnecessary application users think they need, and producing security vulnerabilities.

What needs improvement?

Better search functionality in the EPM console. It becomes difficult to search lengthy policies for specific items. Additionally, some of the windows sizes cannot be manipulated to allow a better user experience.

Less than one year.

The product is relatively stable, but as with most software, it has room for improvement.

This solution is very scalable from what we have seen.

Our experience with tech support has been positive with slight delays due to the location of some of the deep-level resources.

No, we used no other services/software previous to EPM.

Straightforward setup with a substantial learning curve to implement.

We implemented in-house with the direction of a third-party.

Our ROI is currently being looked at.

Setup, costs, and licensing are fairly straightforward and easy to navigate. Questions to the account manager typically resulted in the answers needed.

We looked at several different vendors and conducted detailed POCs on each to ensure we were getting what we needed.