Cylance Review

Does malware analysis. Blocks WannaCry and other attacks that have come out.

What is most valuable?

Does malware analysis. Blocks WannaCry and other attacks that have come out.

How has it helped my organization?

It lifted the burden on the helpdesk from having to keep computers updated with definitions and thus reduced the labor hours spent monitoring AV on endpoints.

What needs improvement?

It needs real analysis of quarantined files. The EDR product isn't showing much right now.

We have been using this solution for one year.

Some DLLs and in-house apps were quarantined. Alerting mode is the way to deploy this software for at least three weeks.

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

I would rate customer service as excellent.

I would rate technical support as excellent.

The previous solution had too many things to monitor and required dedication to fix corrupt definitions. These required manual transfers and sometimes helpdesk time on the endpoint to fix the incumbent product.

We implemented it in-house with the help of the sales engineer.

The ROI is immense, particularly in less dedicated labor hours. The ROI was much more in terms of security, particularly when new security flaws have recently appeared. By virtue of having this software product, the C-level suite feels more secure, because IT does not have to start taking downtime to patch servers in a hurry.

Review closely how many endpoints you actually need before buying into a pricing level. Deal and deal with the VAR of your choice.

We evaluated Palo Alto Traps and Carbon Black.

What other advice do I have?

Review the performance of Cylance over the next year and ask for a 60 day trial, not just a 30 day trial. Monitoring the growth of this company is very important to determine if the product remains at the level that is in today.