Cylance Review

Nice management display, easy to install, and works satisfactorily for standard protection

What is our primary use case?

We are part of a startup company that is operating in the same domain as this solution, so we tested it as part of the competition.

What is most valuable?

On the management side, we liked the way it displays things.

What needs improvement?

The downside is that the information displayed is not enriched enough. There was not much information available, that we could see. It should provide more details about the events that they have detected. There should be more information available post-incident. Basically, the user is informed that they have caught a threat, stopped it, and that's it.

Users want to know what the threat was, the type of attack, how it got in, which IP address, did it go into lateral movement, etc. The kind of information that could be analyzed by IT experts to take forward and understand whether the attack is continuing, or not. They have some of this information but compared to other products, it's basic.

We tested this solution for about six months.

We did not thoroughly test its stability, but I can say that we didn't have any crashes or basic problems with it. In our tests, it did not crash, although we were focused on detecting threats as opposed to assessing stability.

We installed this solution for five users.

We did not contact technical support.

The initial setup and installation of this solution are quite straightforward. Just download from the management console and install it. It's easy.

We performed the installation ourselves.

We have evaluated many products. In fact, we tested most of them for our purposes of developing our own. Because we did a competitive analysis, we are keeping most of the information private. However, I can say that SentinelOne, CrowdStrike, and Carbon Black give you a lot more information than Cylance.

The majority of the leading solutions are quite good, and it's a tough market. For normal people, it is difficult to see the differences between them.

What other advice do I have?

The lack of details for the user is partly because of the way they detect. it is done passively, rather than dynamically, so they don't have a lot of information about the things that they already caught.

The suitability of this solution for any particular person will depend on their expectations. I would not rate this solution in the top five for things like presenting information, or ease of use. For standard protection they are ok, but if you have advanced demands, or a SOC, then I don't think that Cylance can compete with Carbon Black, CrowdStrike, or SentinelOne.