Cylance Review

Solution has picked up files that other platforms don't plus it uses machine learning and AI protection

What is our primary use case?

We did a POC with Cylance, Bitdefender and ESAT. Cylance picked up Zero-Day Malware that the other two solutions did not quarantine.

How has it helped my organization?

With no on-premise hardware required, we easily deployed the Cylance solutions to our end-points. The Cylance Admin console is web-based and it's easy to create custom policies, add zones and manage all our end-points all in the same admin portal.

What is most valuable?

The protection, specifically for endpoint protection, has been the most valuable. With Cylance AI and Machine Learning, it's ensuring that all types of malware, PUP (Potential Unwanted Programs) and Memory Protection your endpoint devices are fully protected, even with day zero threats. Cylance also got the optics add-on for advance scanning and reporting, but most of the clients are more interested in the protection as this is all you need for your endpoint security.

What needs improvement?

To be honest, I think the product is, overall, quite good. It's working with AI Technology and machine learning. It picked up files that other platforms don't pick up. I don't really see any improvement. It's actually been great on its own. I would say one thing that they might need to bring in is protection for mobile devices. At the moment the Cylance agent supports Windows, Mac OS and Linux devices, but they do not have an app for Android and IOS yet.

I've been using the solution for 2-3 months.

The solution is really stable. We use the solution for small and medium-sized enterprises.

The solution is extremely scalable. It's got the hybrid functionality, it's got the system functionality, and cloud functionality as well.

The technical support is really great. We are working hand in hand with them.

The initial setup is easy. You have the option to install the endpoint client on all Windows devices, Mac OS and supported Linux OS. For Windows devices, you can download the exe file, or the MSI file for installation via Group policies to roll out on multiple endpoints at the same time.

What other advice do I have?

You can obviously get in touch with a partner (Grove Group) like us, and we can arrange a POC for your business. While we're dealing with the POC, it will showcase the product and how valuable the product is for your business. Plus, it will actually show what defective files it's picking up in real-time. You can do a side by side comparison while you're running Cylance with your existing endpoint protection to see the difference in protection. You can see exactly what Cylance does pick up on both the endpoint device and the admin console. I also love the fact that the en-point software is not using a lot of resources on the client. I would say you should take the opportunity and run a POC and evaluate the software and you'll notice with the web interface, the admin dashboard on the website, how easy it is to work with Cylance and protect your endpoints. You don't need any on-prem servers to run the endpoints software. Go and experience Cylance and see how AI and Machine Learning is the future to protect your Business.

I would rate the solution as a 9 out of 10.

1 visitor found this review helpful