CylanceOPTICS Review

Good ability to respond to zero-day and unknown threats, but automating the threat response needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are an IT company and this is one of the solutions that we implement for our customers. I am a pre-sales solution architect in charge of cybersecurity.

How has it helped my organization?

The primary use of Cylance is endpoint detection and response (EDR). This solution moves away from traditional EDR to more advanced endpoint protection.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to respond to zero-day and unknown threats. This is what is most often talked about by our customers. They want to pay to protect their endpoints.

What needs improvement?

Our customers would like to see more automation with respect to how threats are handled once they have been detected.

More advanced machine learning capability would improve Cylance.

I have six months of experience with Cylance.

Our customers use this solution on a daily basis and we haven't heard any complaints about stability.

I have worked with solutions from several vendors. The most popular vendor for security among customers is Palo Alto, but that is for next-generation firewall solutions. The Palo Alto endpoint solution, Traps, is never talked about.

Symantec and Trend Micro have traditional endpoint protection solutions but we are focused on Cylance and recommend it.

What other advice do I have?

I have not received much feedback but Cylance seems to be able to meet our customers' requirements for the time being.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More CylanceOPTICS reviews from users