CylancePROTECT Review

Great protection against unauthorized applications but user interface is somewhat outdated

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for the solution is for endpoint security. It protects your computer or any other device from any malware, APT or spyware. We are customers and I'm the security domain architect of the company.

What is most valuable?

What is valuable to me is the protection the solution provides against unauthorized applications. It secures different entry points into the network so that instead of being outside the internet, it's actually in the network and helps to protect internally.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be improved, it's very outdated. The solution could also do with more help actions and explanations such as what has been identified, things like that.

I've been using this solution for four years.

The stability of the solution is awesome.

This is a very scalable solution and easy to deploy. We have about 2,500 users in the company which is pretty much everybody.

I would say it's really good because I've only had to use it once. The product is really low maintenance and easy to configure. So I really haven't had to do very much.

We moved over to this solution because it was more advanced at being able to identify how the malware is going to attack or how it's going to interfere with the operating system. There are just more tools to help security at the end point.

I wasn't involved in the setup, we have an IT department that deals with that. They were replacing another solution with this and the roll out took about a year to get to all the end users.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise anyone thinking about implementing the solution to go through a testing phase and see how the solution interacts with the users and cost out the employee population of the company. I've had this experience in another company and sometimes when you roll out a new product it can really change the way users work, sometimes negatively, and it can impact the business.

I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.

More CylancePROTECT reviews from users