Cynet Review

Very user friendly but must expand threat detection for new threats

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use cases with Cynet are to secure our workstations, to react to some kinds of threats from malware and hostile environments, and to maintain proper activity of our users' functionality.

How has it helped my organization?

Generally, we create the security path which provides the security monitoring of the different points in our infrastructure and our processes. At the end of this path are the workstations, and Cynet is the last point at which we can see proper activity and it helps us check this. In some cases, it is at the end of the path and in other cases at the beginning. We monitor situations like when somebody is receiving emails and uploads some files on the workstation and executes these files. Cynet helps us check this, to see these threats on the workstation, and react in a proper way. In some cases, it help people who council the communication with other host teams in our network. We use it for the reaction and remediation of the end practice.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I have found most valuable is that the configuration and the usage of the product are not so complicated. For people responsible for using this infrastructure for the first line of workstation monitoring, it's quite easy to use.

What needs improvement?

In terms of what could be improved, I would say the usability of this product for new threats. Meaning, not everything which is new is properly seen by the product and not all the required actions are taken. We don't have information for everything which should be generated by this product. I am referring to the functionality and accuracy of the product.

We know that this product is probably not on the higher end of available products because the price of the product is lower than some competitors. We are sure that the functionality is also limited. But in some cases, the information is different. Ours generated from some hostile activity on the workstation is not enough information about the incident provided. The visibility and the explanation of an incident which happens on a workstation should be extended.

I have been using Cynet for less than three years.

In terms of stability, if we configure the functionality of the product, there are no breakdowns or anything like that. So the stability is quite good.

I don't think that I can determine the scalability because we had it installed for a dedicated number of endpoints and it has been the same for the whole three years. Generally, it's enough for us and we don't require a bigger scalability to extend it for the next part of the stations.

We have a contract with the support and it's quite good.

Cynet is quite easy to use, including the initial configuration installation. Its ease of use is one of the pros of this product.

The cost is rather reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate Cynet a six.

To raise the score, it requires better accuracy in covering all required or all available current threats.

Maybe there is more information related to this which generates that information.

My general advice, which is not connected directly to Cynet, is that the products which somebody would want to use depends on their requirements. There are different requirements for installing such types of products and everyone should conduct many tests before their final decision. They should compare the different products and based on this should make the final decision.

More Cynet reviews from users
...who work at a Cloud Provider
...who compared it with Symantec End-User Endpoint Security
Learn what your peers think about Cynet. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.