Cynet Review

Beautiful dashboard, easy to use, but compliance reports need improvements

What is most valuable?

The dashboard is beautiful, overall easy of use, and the UBA and NBA features are valued. Additionally, the ransomware upgrade provided us with 100% protection.

What needs improvement?

Compliance reports need to improve. However, I think they might be releasing this in an upcoming update. More report customization is also needed.

I have been using the solution for approximately two years.

The adoption of Cynet came because it is easy to use. If you look at all other products such as McAfee and Symantec, they have different threat protections which are on the market. McAfee, requires almost three to four servers, to have a similar setup running as this solution. Integration is quite complex when it comes to other solutions. You have four to five components in your network which interact with each other. If one of the servers fails, the interaction would fail, and the threat would not be stopped. With Cynet it works better because it is on a micro-attack framework. If you understand how a system can be affected by a normal virus, worm, or related threat, you would understand.

The solution is stable.

It is scalable, there are 40 people using the product. We have also provided approximately 8000 licenses to our customers. Our customers range in size from small to enterprise companies.

The technical support is good even though their support is from outside of India.

We have used McAfee, Symantec, and Trend Micro in the past.

The setup is simple.

The implementation is not complex and you do not have to do complex integration. Get an agent and load it on to a system and you are protected.

The price should not be less than $100 which is quite reasonable for this solution because you are getting multiple components. It is not a single piece of software. You get the UBA, NBA, threat detection, memory scanners, etc. They have added a few more related features as well. In other products, if you want to find out the threat, you need to access the port. The dashboard is very beautiful because it provides everything on a centralized console.

What other advice do I have?

In the near future, they are doing a lot of upgrades and you will find an altogether separate product.

I rate Cynet a seven out of ten.

Latest version
More Cynet reviews from users
...who work at a Cloud Provider
...who compared it with Symantec End-User Endpoint Security
Learn what your peers think about Cynet. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.