Cyren WebSecurity Review

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used for DNS Firewall and proxy protection to protect the organization devices and users, as well as outside of the organization (Secured Email Gateway). We have Windows and MAC OS, and we started a pilot with mobile devices.

How has it helped my organization?

Cyren is simple to configure and deploy in all manners. Instead of having professional services from a vendor, we can do everything on our own. This saved us money, and for this type of service, this is value for money some departments are set and forget but even if we need to change something or allow something the process is so simple that it is fantastic.

What is most valuable?

The logs and the reports allow me to have an overview of what is going on in my environment. Before using DNS Firewall I didn't know how exposed we were.

The email service doesn't require any effort to configure, with no agents or internal virtual appliances.

What needs improvement?

The UI and the logs are a bit old school. I know that there is a plan to change some of those and update them to a newer view which will provide a better look and feel. I requested some changes to move buttons from one place to another so that the platform has more logic.

Usually on the weekend there is some activity that slows the service down during specific hours.

Polite and professional. This is not something I take lightly since we have had vendors that had a horrible support team, and the escalation process was tedious.

We used to use on-premise solutions for everything. Once we started moving to the cloud, the workload for maintenance drastically reduced.

The process was straightforward, and that is something that I liked.

Cyren provided everything that we needed and more. If you are technical, I am not sure that you need the onboarding process.

After getting rid of the support contracts for the on-premise solutions, as well as saving on electricity and resources, we have already made our money back.

The onboarding process is simple, and you are followed by the service every step along the way which I enjoyed.

We tested a couple of products, most of them were complicated and took up too much time for training. The others seemed to have a lot of issues that the vendor couldn't explain.

What other advice do I have?

I enjoy the product, and I am waiting to see what will be in the next versions.