Darktrace Review

Improved our monitoring capabilities and has a good graphical user interface

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our monitoring capabilities.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the alerts. The alerts are meaningful. The event rolls up into meaningful and actionable alerts rather than just being noise.

What needs improvement?

The products is designed to monitor traffic sent and received via the corporate egress /network points.

I would be interested to see further integration or development of a capability to obtain visibility of mobile devices such as Laptops and Mobiles, which operate outside of the network and may communicate specifically when off the corporate network.

We have done pilots with this solution and have used it for around three months.

The stability isn't good but I like the product. It's a good product but we need to look into other similar products that operate in the same zone: user behavior analysis and user detection. We need it to be good in comparison.

We currently have an inner network. We don't have a full-scale deployment. It is on network segment where there are around 5,000 users. The full company would be around 9,000 users if we deployed it across all the subsidiaries.

Their technical support is good.

This is the first solution of this type that we've used. During the initial three month trial, we saw a lot of stuff from the product that we were unable to see through the conventional tooling technologies that we had in place.

The setup was straightforward. It was a matter of hours. It took around two to three hours.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to someone considering this solution is to install it, conduct a pilot, and see. You need to see how easy it is to implement and you need to add it to install. You need to see what kinds of results it provides and compare it to your existing tool kit. The product demonstrates its actual capabilities when it's actually working. It's difficult to comprehend what it can actually do but it does give you an added level of visibility.

It has good capabilities. I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Cross-correlation with the endpoint based activities would be useful, like the ability to look at the deep supervised learning engine of the artificial intelligence unit and being able to take input data from the endpoints in order to apply the rules. It works on supervised learning and rules but I would like to be able to do things on different feeds as well.

It has a very good graphical user interface. The ability to get a console on the mobile phone and being able to respond and do basic incident response capabilities remotely is also a good feature.