DataCore SANsymphony SDS Review

Enables us to use much less hardware for storage which leads to lower power consumption and less heat

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for a high-availability and redundant storage system with fast read and writes times with low latency.

How has it helped my organization?

DataCore SANsymphony has improved our organization by using much less hardware for storage. The power consumption and heat have decreased, so we were able to shut down one air conditioner. Also, it is a faster storage system.

What is most valuable?

The features I have found most valuable are the active-active, or so-called grid technology, and the integration into our VMware vCenter. Our vCenter is now much easier to manage.

What needs improvement?

An easier way to open a service call, right through the DataCore GUI, would be an improvement, especially when there is an urgent issue.

Less than one year.

Although we have just started to use DataCore, we are very happy with the stability of this solution.

The scalability of this solution is very good.

So far, we have not had to contact customer support.

We used the IBM SAN Volume Controller and switched to DataCore. In our case, it was possible to use less hardware and get more performance.

The initial setup was not complex. The migration was fast and we experienced no problems.

We implemented this solution through a partner company.

The cost is at the same level as other storage solutions and it is easy to understand the licensing.

We have some experience with IBM storage solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend taking a look at DataCore because it is a simple-to-use product that saved us from spending more money on additional hardware and support.