Datadog Review

Good infrastructure and traffic visualizations help with capacity planning

What is our primary use case?

We use Datadog for application monitor, to help identify errors. It is also used to monitor application performance.

What is most valuable?

Datadog has a very good visualization for my complete infrastructure and network traffic, which enabled me to create a capacity plan.

This product is great because it shows you the SQL and your application request in a single view.

What needs improvement?

The error traceability is an area that can be improved. This is something that helps us to pinpoint the area where a problem is occurring. It is a function stack, and it should be showing us how each function is defined.

We have been using Datadog for the past couple of months.

I have not worked on it long enough to properly comment on stability, yet, because it has to be tested across my other platforms.

We have not done a full evaluation yet, but given that it is cloud-based, DataDog has to be scalable.

I have not needed to contact technical support.

We were using New Relic prior to implementing Datadog. In terms of application monitoring, Datadog is not up to the level that New Relic is. It is a better product but the price is too high, which is why we switched.

The price is better than some competing products.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I can recommend it to others, although New Relic is still my first choice. Datadog is my second choice.

Overall, it is a good product and my main complaint is that it needs better error traceability.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Datadog reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with New Relic APM
Learn what your peers think about Datadog. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.