Datadog Review

The fact that its hosted so you don't have to rely on infrastructure to do the work is a very valuable feature.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

At other places I've worked, we had to rely on different types of infrastructure -- Datadog does all that. Its very time saving. Datadog has alerting events and metrics all in one place; This was a huge plus, other solutions were trying to treat monitoring as a multi-faceted problem. Datadog treated it as one problem. Also, We no longer use Nagios for alerting, we use Datadog’s alarms, and then we push the data into PagerDuty.

What needs improvement?

The performance, especially when were drilling into metrics we've been running for a year and a half. When you're launching old data it can get slow.

We have been using the solution for the last year and a half.

No issues with deployment.

No serious issues with stability -- has been pretty great.

We pushed them sometimes, meaning when we would do something their platform didn't support. But they were always very cooperative and proactive.

Customer Service: Very good customer service.Technical Support: Hit or miss, always very proactive and friendly but could be faster sometimes. Almost always have the right answer, but sometimes could be a bit quicker.

At this job I've only used Datadog. Past jobs I've used New Relic, and assortment of others.

Very straightforward. We got Datadog running in a couple of hours, and deployed it across our production environment, We just installed StatsD, started sending metrics, and it just worked. Deployment was super easy and their setup and integration made us feel like it wasn't a vendor lock-in.

Initial cost was a couple of days of work, day to day nothing really.

Yes, we evaluated a bunch of option, including New Relic, as well as toying with the idea of hosting our own, a couple of others as well. We didn't want to manage our own, our corporate culture is to let other companies be the experts when possible. In the case of Datadog, the product exists -- made sense to let them be the experts.

What other advice do I have?

I'm an advocate of Datadog -- go for it.
More Datadog reviews from users