Datadog Review

We can build dashboards as fast we roll out new systems, which can be fast.

How has it helped my organization?

We can build dashboards as fast we roll out new systems, which can be fast.

We use standard and custom metrics for every new system we roll out for 360 degree visibility into our systems.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features have been: Sharable dashboards, TimeBoards, dogstatsd API, Slack Integration, Event logging API. CloudTrail Events, Tags, alerts, and anomaly detection. EBS Volume Snapshot Age, which they added upon request. We used PagerDuty integration for a while as well.

What needs improvement?

More granular control over dashboard sharing. Timeboard sharing.

There are infrequent hiccups, which have been decreasing over the time we have used it.

Never seen better. Questions answered usually almost immediately, even on weekends. An in-stream with your event stream.

High.

Overall they have always had an amazing team, and quality has been maintained as the company has grown.

Complementary to other tools we used.

Setup is generally easy. They provide an large number of integrations, some are more complex than others, which is to be expected.

In house implementation.

We didn’t calculate explicitly, but as we used the product to track down underutilized instances, it more than paid for itself in the first month.

Pricing overall in this segment has standardized in the last several years.

A few, including Zabbix and Icinga.

What other advice do I have?

One of the fastest and most flexible tools we have used in this area..