Datadog Review

It has the ability to create dashboards and matrices with graphs

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use it to send metrics about CV and memory usage, in addition to the number of files descriptors on a socket.

How has it helped my organization?

We are working as an SMS segregator. Therefore, we send a lot of SMS message to customers. This product holds one of the most important dashboards for our traffic from each server or cluster on our Gateway. It gives us very good information, mainly for the operations team and other sales guys, about what each account is sending, how often, etc.

Using the data, our operation teams works with the dashboards to get their statistics, analytics, etc.

What is most valuable?

The ability to create dashboards and matrices with graphs. This information is useful to us.

What needs improvement?

I would like testing for data in the future. That would be really nice.

Also, I would like some additional enhancement in the visuals.

The stability is good. For every message that we send, we have a corresponding metric. We send one to two million messages per server a day.

The scalability is good.

We have over a 1000 accounts on three servers. There are other servers, which work as a helper server. However, the servers which help aid traffic or do the heavy lifting are three main servers, currently. They are hosted on Amazon: large machines with large instances.

I have not used Datadog's technical support.

The AWS integration and configuration is pretty good. It has multiple languages and platforms.

What other advice do I have?

Give it a try. It is a good tool for creating statistics and analytics with data.

Anyone who uses a large amount of data and want insights on the analytics of their data. They can just dump into the tool, and it will do all the heavy lifting.