Datadog Review

It is very easy to use and configure. It has a nice UI.

What is our primary use case?

If our app is up and running, we use it to monitor how many credits the app is using up on each node. We also monitor services by how long each call is taking with the help of EC2s off of application.

How has it helped my organization?

If we have a large load for users using our basic Datadog, it will immediately fire off an alert notifying us either something's wrong or not. It provides us insights on our calls to other services, such as how long each call is taking and what is the whole stack trace.

What is most valuable?

• It is very easy to use.
  • It is easy to configure.
  • It has a nice UI.
  • Datadog provides everything that we need.

Stability is great. It has not come down. It is always up.

We do not put a lot of stress on it. It use for monitoring our app, and it's a pretty great product.

We have an application in AWS running four nodes. It is not too large. Our user base is about 2000 users.

We have asked technical support questions, and sometimes they don't get back to us right away. Or when they do, it is not the right answer.

Before Datadog, we had APM monitoring, which is something similar, but it wasn't as nice to use or as easy to configure.

It is easy to configure. You load the Datadog agent into the EC2 instance, then you just follow it.

I did not participate in the evaluation of the other products.

What other advice do I have?

If you are monitoring the metrics and insights in your application, and need help monitoring, then this is a great application to look into. The app is always available. It has a clean UI and provides the metrics that you will need. It is a good product.

Right now, we only using it on this one application.