Datamatics TruBot Review

Ability to calculate the ROI on the jobs that are running is key for us; a great price entry point

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is generally connected to automation of things connected to banking. Instead of a user entering data, we have the TruBot enter that data. We're also using it for file movement and some file validation.

We're a value-added partner, we have a technical partnership with Datamatics. If we think the solution is appropriate for a company, we pass that lead off to Datamatics and if things move forward we negotiate the software price and then implement the product for the institution. I'm a co-founder and chief technology officer of the company.

What is most valuable?

The feature most valuable to me in this solution is its ability to calculate the ROI on the jobs that are running.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see more additions to the library, which I believe currently has 200 plus items. Of course, like with anything, we'd love to see 400 plus items because then we know that they've been vetted. We can work with things as they are but that would be added value.

I've been using this solution for six months.

I'm 100% impressed, it's a very stable product.

The solution is very scalable. Right now, we're helping implement it for other banks and we're at two to three users per installation. The roles are usually designing the TruBot, writing the bot, if that makes sense, and then scheduling it to run. We use a systems analyst for that.

I would evaluate the customer support as excellent, they're very responsive. Every time I've reached out to the vendor, they've promptly been able to resolve the issue.

We believe that the value and the cost of the Datamatics TruBot really fits financial institutions' budgets much better than what we'd call the big three, the Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, UiPath. And it really has a great entry point. Datamatics is currently offering a free trial that ends on September 28th 2020. That has enabled a lot of businesses to download it, play with it, without having to be committed to any costs for that solution.

The initial setup is very straightforward. Our goal was to set up the solution as a trial for a customer and there were no issues at all. Everything went smoothly. We were able to deploy it within a week of having the software.

We're currently in negotiations regarding licensing, but I can say that the cost is about one-third of the cost of Automation Anywhere. The company is flexible and cost can be negotiated.

More Datamatics TruBot reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)