Datameer Review

We can use the built-in smart analytic tools without the need to write formulae or construct infographics.

Valuable Features

The built-in smart analytic tools are the most valuable features for me. They are very easy to use without the need of writing formulae or constructing infographics.

Improvements to My Organization

I have not used the tool in this company. However, knowing our product has a lot of log files, I am sure the tool can be used in performance analyses, such as:

• How long does a medication dispense take?
  • Where is the bottleneck on the service/server platform?
  • This will help to estimate the ROI on the machine.

Room for Improvement

I would like to see more algorithms in smart analytics or computational intelligence for more commonly used use cases. A lot of the sample models can be used as templates already, so maybe it can be converted into a user-friendly version with an easy way of changing the data source.

Use of Solution

I've used it for six months, mostly on the standalone single license version, but it has also include setting up the enterprise multi-license environment.

When I run the single license on my MacBook Pro, the memory space can be an issue. From time to time, I will delete the previously-run data. However, I don't see the problem on a virtual machine. I have not tried to run it on a redundant or load-sharing environment.

Excellent. The response time is amazingly fast. I got responses almost right away. My communication channel is through email.

I have not had time to play with other tools, but, I started reading about Tableau and Pentaho. Datameer and Tableau are integrated, so this is an advantage over Pentaho.

Both standalone and server versions are very easy to install. It took 15 minutes of reading to install the server and an email instruction from the engineer (more or less with the same instruction as in the Installation Guide). There is no learning time required on the standalone version.

Implementation Team

I install the system from scratch on a VM from OS to Datameer.

Other Advice

It's very easy to use and set up. The documentation is very good, but I learn the most from the online learning courses. The best way to start is thought the online courses and fine tune the skill with documentation. The technical team can also provide more in-depth knowledge and seminars.