Datto Cloud Continuity Review

Scalable with good data recovery capabilities and a simple design

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for disaster recovery scenarios.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution helps with recovery of data when we have a failover situation. Fortunately, our system is pretty robust and for the most part, I'm just involved with testing the systems. However, it has helped with regards to the simplicity, and the high level of confidence we have in our failover in the data that gets failed over.

What is most valuable?

The data recovery of the solution is very good.

The system is very simple in general. It's not overly complex.

We have a very high level of confidence that if we have a failover situation, this solution will be able to handle recovery.

The solution has the capability to scale well.

We've found the solution to be pretty stable.

The pricing isn't too expensive. It's in line with what's available on the market these days.

What needs improvement?

I don't have any feedback to provide in terms of features that may be lacking. Overall, it's been pretty good.

They should just keep heading in the direction they are heading and continue to improve the product without falling behind on advancements in the space.

I've been using the solution for about five years at this point.

The solution has been very stable so far. It's a robust product. We don't have any issues with crashes. It doesn't freeze. There aren't bugs or glitches. We seem to be able to rely on it.

From my understanding, it's very scalable. We don't have any concerns there. If we need to expand it, I'm sure we can.

We've got over 14,000 users on our system every day. So, that's how many users would be using the system in general. From an admin perspective, we're talking about a couple of dozen.

I was not involved in the initial setup. I'm assuming it was pretty straightforward. I didn't hear anything that would indicate otherwise.

I don't directly deal with billing or licensing. My understanding is it's comparable to what is on the market, however, I couldn't say what the exact numbers are.

We haven't really evaluated other options, we wouldn't be able to fairly compare this solution to anything else.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have a business relationship with Datto. We're only end-users of their product.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using.

While I don't have advice specific t the product, I'd advise other users that, whatever product they go with, they have to make sure that they're evaluating it according to their system. Everyone's environment is different and so everyone's needs are different. What may be right for us may not be right for others.

In general, I would rate this solution at an eight out of ten. It's been a pretty positive experience overall.

Find out what your peers are saying about datto, Veeam Software, Acronis and others in Cloud Backup. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.