Dell Boomi AtomSphere Review
This is a cloud-based and multi-tenant tool.

What is most valuable?

• The best features are that it is a cloud-based and a multi-tenant tool.
  • The licensing feature is its USP.
  • Boomi charges are based on the number of connections used, rather than the number of users in a company who use the tool. This cuts down the licensing costs by a great deal.

How has it helped my organization?

We are a consulting firm that works closely with Dell Boomi. Since we have started using this product, we have added multiple clients. Many clients are moving away from the traditional integration tools to cloud-based integration tools. Dell Boomi is a leading iPaaS tool.

What needs improvement?

Dell is constantly improving because it follows agile development. Every month, Dell keeps adding more and more features.

There are still some areas that need improvement. For example, when updates are going on, the product becomes very slow.

I have been using it for two years.

Dell is a very stable product. It also lists all the updates and issues the tool is having on its website. I do not know of any other tool that constantly updates their website for performance issues/slowness. They also give updates without hiding anything.

Dell is a highly scalable product. We have not seen any issues in terms of scaling the product to the enterprise level. However, Dell Boomi is not an ETL tool. It is an integration tool.

I would give technical support a rating of 10/10.

The great thing about Dell Boomi is there is no setup involved. It is a cloud-based tool. All the integration is done in a browser. Only a light-weight Java runtime engine needs to be installed for the process to run. Other than that, there is no other setup needed.

Dell follows a very unique licensing model. They do not charge by the number of people using the software (client-server model), but rather they charge based on the number of connections used. This makes it very cost effective.

What other advice do I have?

I would very much advise other companies to give it a try. Dell Boomi gives away a 30-day free trial. They also do corporate training, if required.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We work very closely with Dell Boomi. We are one of the many preferred partners that they have.