Dell Boomi AtomSphere Review

User-friendly, good documentation, and has lots of connectors to facilitate integration

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for creating the processes to interact with external ticketing applications by consuming the web services exposed.

Creating processes for these imported services for the online booking application by exposing the APIs to the front end UI (web, mobile, KIOSK ).

How has it helped my organization?

The user-friendly development interface and the native connections available eased our integration.

Expedited the process and enabled us to create APIs for the consumers.

We had challenges with security and API management, API portal testing, and we used Microsoft Azure to overcome that.

What is most valuable?

Atmosphere is the most valuable feature as there are a lot of out of box connectors that expedited out integration process.

This solution has a user-friendly interface and very good documentation with solutions that helped us in working with the tool efficiently.

Creating and exposing the API was also easy with limited features and scope for enhancements.

What needs improvement?

API management and security need improvement. It needs more capability on the API Administration like approval process, automated process, etc.

Lots of enhancements are needed in the API portal so that the developers can view the definitions, try out the APIs, etc.

Many features need to be added to the API analytics, with more drilled down analyses, and also on API security.

I have been using this solution for more than four years.

The product is very stable.

May have to improve on the molecule clustering communication as the cluster seems to be having problems frequently. Otherwise, the solution is scalable.

The technical support for this solution is very good.

Prior to this solution, we used webMethods (Software AG). We implemented Boomi as it is an economical solution with many features such as integration with other products.

The initial setup of this solution was easy enough.

We implemented this solution in-house.

Our ROI is more than 100%.

This solution is very economical (based on the connections).

Before choosing this solution, we evaluated Software AG and Mulesoft.

What other advice do I have?

I would like to see dramatic improvements in API management so that the product suite can be on top.