Dell EMC Avamar Review

Very effective virtualization system and end point protection

What is our primary use case?

Our company is Dell EMCs largest partner in Egypt and the Middle East. We have a titanium partnership with them and I'm the senior infrastructure solutions specialist.

What is most valuable?

Avamar is a very effective product when it comes to protecting the virtualization system and end points. Data Protection Suite has three recovery and backup protection solutions and Avamar is one of them. It's a very effective product and can be used for replication and high-end enterprise applications. The solution doesn't require a specific backup admin in the environment, every application admin will perform their own backup and data protection process. It's very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I believe they need to improve the interfaces. Without official training it's harder to deliver the marketing and the reviews over shared media.

This is a very stable and easy to use program.

Dell offers us good technical support.

Data Protection Suite has Avamar as one of its components and comes with a license that covers a limited number of virtual machines, capacity, and end points. It's not sold as a separate product. I believe $1000 may cover a single socket and covers the whole data center including the endpoint, the replication, the CD and data protection. It's very cost effective and affordable when compared to other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I need to rate the Data Protection Suite as a whole, given that Avamar is no longer sold as a separate product.

I rate the whole solution a nine out of 10.

More Dell EMC Avamar reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Veeam Backup & Replication
Learn what your peers think about Dell EMC Avamar. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.