Dell EMC Data Domain Boost Review

Speeds up backups, easy to use, and installation is straightforward

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution with Data Domain (DD) to enhance the data backups of our databases and applications. It is a very popular solution around the world.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very good because it is easy to use and it speeds up the backup and lowers the requirement for the storage rate. It is capable of encryption, compression, and deduplication and it is fast for sending all of the data over the network because it sends only the change blocks from the client to the DD server.

I have been using this solution for approximately six years.

The solution is stable.

I have found the solution to be scalable.

We have approximately 10 people using this solution in my organization.

I have been satisfied with the technical support.

The installation is straightforward.

We have a team that does the implementation and maintenance of the solution.

DD Boost comes built into DD or Avamar. However, to use DD Boost for enterprise is a separate license. For example, if you have Oracle, Linux, or Unix and you need to install DD Boost for Arman, then you need a separate license. Typically when you purchase the solution it is bundled and you either purchase a one or three-year license. The price for the solution is expensive but when comparing it to other solutions it is reasonably priced. However, the price could still be cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to manage your database backups, then you should use DD Boost for Enterprise applications.

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Dell EMC Data Domain Boost a nine out of ten.

More Dell EMC Data Domain Boost reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Veritas NetBackup Appliance
Learn what your peers think about Dell EMC Data Domain Boost. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.