Dell EMC Data Domain Boost Review

An extremely efficient solution with good stability and an easy initial setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it as a solution for saving costs and capacity.

What is most valuable?

Data Domain Boost has a unique protocol. I don't think with other vendors you get the same efficiency. I work with some the other products but this solution has amazing efficiency in comparison.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs better performance and a more user-friendly operating system.

The solution needs a better gateway between the on-premises and cloud deployment models. We have to work around it or find a third party to assist.

The pricing is high, compared to the competition.

I've been using the solution for five years.

The solution is very stable.

The solution is scalable for us right now. There is a limitation number on it, but for different architecture.

We have about 500 users.

Technical support is very, very good. I'm satisfied with the level of service we receive form them.

I'm currently using two solutions: Veritas and Data Domain. Data Domain is more efficient for me and it's really scalable.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was very easy.

We implemented the solution ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I strongly recommend any organization to use it. I'm doing self study once a week or on a monthly basis to learn more about the product, so I'm quite familiar with it.

I would rate the solution ten out of ten.