Dell EMC Data Domain Boost Review

A High performance solution with good deduplication and technical support

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution is backup. We have an on-premises deployment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is deduplication. It's very good.

What needs improvement?

This product is expensive compared to other storage so the price can be improved.

The restore and deduplication features are good, but they can be further improved.

I have been using this solution since 2012.

This solution is very stable. It doesn't crash and there are no errors.

The scalability is not good because if we want to upgrade then we need to purchase a higher version. We have approximately seven hundred and fifty employees, and all of their data is backed up.

We have not had any trouble with technical support. Sometimes we do not fully understand our problem, then people from technical support arrive and replace the hard disk. It's very good because you have the monitoring.

Prior to this solution, we used a tape backup. We switched because this solution is easier and you don't need a tape. Backing up files is very, very fast.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward. It's easy.

We purchased the box and then performed the implementation ourselves. We always have a technical meeting before anything is disconnected, and then deploy after that.

The price of this solution is very high.

What other advice do I have?

This is definitely a solution that I recommend. It is good, although it is very expensive.