Dell EMC Data Protection Advisor Review

Has good compression and deduplication features with a straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for backups.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspects of the solution are the compression and the deduplication.

It has all the technology we require in a backup solution.

What needs improvement?

The solution requires more integration with our other solutions. I know that they have full integration with VMware because it is also from EMC. However, we have to have better integration with Microsoft and Nutanix as well.

I've been using the solution for less than a year.

We previously used Asper from Computer Associates. The solution was too old and for the amount of our data, we needed a solution that was faster but also very strong and easy to use. That's is why we switched to EMC.

The initial setup was easy. Deployment took about one month. We only need one person to handle maintenance.

We did the deployment with the EMC partner in our country.

Before choosing EMC we did compare the price with other solutions. We found the pricing to be pretty good.

What other advice do I have?

We use the private cloud deployment model.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I'd recommend it; it's a very strong solution.

More Dell EMC Data Protection Advisor reviews from users
...who compared it with Microsoft DPM
Find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, Veeam Software, Commvault and others in Backup and Recovery Software. Updated: June 2021.
511,607 professionals have used our research since 2012.