Dell EMC ECS Review

Extremely stable with a straightforward setup and fairly good pricing

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this as a storage solution. My system is based on it.

What is most valuable?

The stability is the most valuable aspect of the solution.

The pricing, at least compared to HP, is quite good.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to provide better integration between this solution and all other kinds of systems.

I've been using this solution for 12 years at this point. It's been more than a decade.

The stability is extremely good. It's one of its selling points. We don't have bugs or glitches. It doesn't freeze. It's completely reliable.

The scalability is quite good. However, in order to scale, we need to buy a new version in order to do so. Other than that, it's pretty good.

Our whole system is on this storage, therefore all of our ministry users can use the system.

Although we have no plans to increase usage right now, we will in the future.

We did use a different solution previously. It was an HP product. The solution was older and we didn't see a new version that met our needs, so we switched over to Dell, which had a very good reputation and price.

The solution's initial setup is not complex. It's very straightforward.

Our deployment was more than six years ago, however, from what I can recall, it took about two weeks to one month from beginning to end.

You only need two to three people for deployment and maintenance.

We had a reseller in our country that assisted us in the implementation process.

The pricing on the solution is pretty good. We pay for licensing on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have a business relationship with Dell. We're using the version before Unity. I'm not sure the name of it.

I'd recommend the solution. I'd rate it nine out of ten overall.