Dell EMC NetWorker Review

Stable, easy to set up, and offers good technical support

What is our primary use case?

Primarily, I use the solution in order to backup to tape, usually for long-term backups.

What is most valuable?

With NetWorker, I'm still trying to use it more now, as I wasn't so much in the past.

I like how easily I am able to recognize the labels, the barcodes on the tape. With NetWorker, once you know your tapes and you have your record of them, you should be able to identify them easily.

The updated graphical interface is better than it used to be.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

The solution is very stable.

We find the product to be scalable.

Technical support is very helpful.

What needs improvement?

In older versions, the graphical user interface isn't so good.

There should be more vendors incorporated into the solution.

I've been using the solution for about two years or so.

We have found the stability to be quite good. The performance is reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution scales well. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so.

We have five people working on the solution in our company.

We do not plan to increase usage at this time. In fact, we may switch to another solution.

We have been satisfied with technical support. They've been helpful and responsive.

A company will find the initial setup wot be straightforward. It's not complex or overly difficult. The implementation process is easy.

I can't speak to the licensing costs.

We are considering switching to Commvault. We're looking into it a bit more. However, that would depend on what the client would like to do. It's not up to us.

What other advice do I have?

I've been using the solution as a customer and an end-user.

I work on the latest version of the solution, however, I can't speak to the exact version number.

Currently, I'm just trying to find out if, let's say you've done a backup with NetWorker in the past, how are you'll be able to migrate that data to Commvault.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

More Dell EMC NetWorker reviews from users
...who compared it with Dell EMC Avamar
Learn what your peers think about Dell EMC NetWorker. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,768 professionals have used our research since 2012.