Dell EMC PowerEdge Rack Servers Review

Easy to set up and the remote management capability is good

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the storage products that we implement for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are remote management and iDRAC. Manageability is definitely one of the good points for Dell servers.

This is a quality product that can be customized for our clients.

What needs improvement?

The design, in terms of power efficiency, can be improved.

Improvements should be made in terms of field expandability. Scalability, in general, has room for improvement.

Support for virtualization support can be better.

I have been working with Dell Rack Servers for about 15 years, since 2004.

The Dell PowerEdge Rack Servers are definitely stable. Once we start one, we don't shut them down. The run for three, four, or five years at a time, and the performance does not decrease.

It is easy to scale, although when the server is built, you need to include options for future expandability. In cases where we create room in advance, it is easy. Otherwise, there can be some difficulty.

The local support in Dhaka is very good and we are happy with it.

I have worked with a variety of Dell PowerEdge models including 1850, 2850, 2900, 2950, 5710, 720, and 740.

The initial setup is very easy, as is the management. The time required for deployment depends on the environment and requirements. For example, it will differ based on whether it is a cluster deployment versus a VM implementation.

We also work with similar servers from HPE and Cisco. Many of the features and capabilities are the same. The suitability of one product over another depends on the specific requirements.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product and I have had a good experience with it.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

More Dell EMC PowerEdge Rack Servers reviews from users