Dell EMC PowerEdge Rack Servers Review

A stable and scalable solution with good virtualization and distributed power management features

What is our primary use case?

We use it for main servers, database servers, and application servers.

What is most valuable?

Virtualization and distributed power management are good and valuable features.

What needs improvement?

It would be easier if the remote connection to the server could be done through the USB port. From the server, we should be able to connect to a laptop or a management workstation through a USB port.

I have been using Dell EMC PowerEdge Rack Servers for around ten years.

It is very stable.

It is scalable. I have extended it using virtualization technologies. We have 5 servers and around 1000 users.

I am satisfied with their technical support.

I had a little bit of difficulty in the beginning when we used provisioning with automated tasks almost ten years ago, but after that, it was very straightforward.

Dell had authorized a vendor in my country. I took some advice and assistance from them. They were okay.

For its maintenance, some tasks are handled by our administrator internally and some tasks are handled by the vendor.

Dell's solution was cheaper than HP's solution.

I also use similar solutions from HP. Based on my usage, I have found them quite similar. They are at the same level.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others, but they have to see their overall system, that is, the interfaces, fabric, reports, network path, etc. They have to see the compatibility metrics between different parts. I had some difficulties in the beginning when I was supposed to change to the right certified device.

I would rate Dell EMC PowerEdge Rack Servers a ten out of ten.

More Dell EMC PowerEdge Rack Servers reviews from users