Dell EMC PowerEdge Rack Servers Review

Great performance, fair pricing, and can scale well

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for a variety of use cases. These include holding technologies such as VMware, databases, web application servers, and copies, in some cases.

How has it helped my organization?

The Dell EMC PowerEdge offers best performance per price

What is most valuable?

Their support is very good and very effective.

The price of the system is very fair.

The design of the hardware is very good - especially the management system.

Overall, PowerEdge is a very good system.

The performance has been excellent so far.

The initial setup is very easy to manage.

What needs improvement?

The shipment or delivery times could be improved. Sometimes we have to wait six Weeks before we get the server. It could even be longer. Sometimes it is many days for my customers

I've been using the solution for six years or so. It's been a while at this point. I've definitely worked with the solution over the last 12 months as well.

The solution is stable. the performance is good and very reliable. We haven't had any issues so far.

The scalability is good. The system has many options for scalability. If a company needs to expand, it can do so with relative ease.

In our case, our clients are mostly small to medium in size.

Technical support has been very helpful and responsive. They are knowledgeable. We're quite satisfied with their level of support. They are a good service and very supportive.

The initial setup is not overly complex or difficult. We found it to be easy. It's straightforward. A company should have no trouble whatsoever.

The deployment only took a few short hours. It's pretty quick.

I cannot recall the amount of staff it requires for deployment and maintenance. It's my understanding that only one engineer is required.

We are an integrator. We can implement the solution for our clients as required. In a year, we may implement four or five projects.

The solution offers very good, very fair pricing. It's reasonable. It's not overly expensive.

I do not have any knowledge of our clients evaluating other options before choosing this product.

What other advice do I have?

We are Dell partners. We work with various versions of the solution. These include the 14 Generation, 13 Generation, and 11 Generation. We aren't currently in the process of buying a new server.

I'd recommend the solution. I'd rate it at a perfect ten out of ten. It's been very good for us. We haven't had issues.

More Dell EMC PowerEdge Rack Servers reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with HPE ProLiant DL Servers
Learn what your peers think about Dell EMC PowerEdge Rack Servers. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.