Dell EMC PowerEdge Rack Servers Review

Reliable, easy to manage, and has a great management interface

What is our primary use case?

We use the server as a database server. We use it to import Microsoft SQL 2014 and some IIS application servers.

What is most valuable?

I like the Dell EMC management. We have a great management interface. They are very reliable and we can trust the server. It's very reliable and easy to manage.

What needs improvement?

They should improve the centralized management interface. When you are going to deploy something, for example, VMware or RedHat, it should be easier to deploy a lot of servers. Now you have to do one at a time.

The way that they condense the information on the Dell EMC website is not so good. They should improve the website. When you need to find a download or documentation it's very hard. The information on the website is very distributed. It's hard to find the information we need.

Stability is quite good, I haven't had any problems so far.

Scalability is good.

Technical support is great. I keep hearing reviews that it's very good. When you're opening a request or a ticket they respond very quickly.

When the new technology doesn't run in your environment it's time to plan and make a change. That's why we're trying to change the technology with the servers. Now, people are talking about different softwares and containment technology but our environment has not adapted for these kinds of technology.

The most important criteria that we consider when looking at a solution is the reliability. We look at  the feedback from the community about the product. I always try to seek information in forums just like this one. We also look at accredited reports about the products and the vendors. I always try to find a good report about the new features and product. Lastly, we also consider whether the solution is budget friendly.

We also looked at HP, IBM, and Huawei. We chose Dell EMC because HP wanted to charge us for the iLO management and with Dell EMC we don't have to pay for management like the iLO.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten because the product is quite reliable, quite good. We haven't had many problems with. I did not give a ten because of the website. The information isn't so well organized on the website.

They have different types of licensing of management so make sure to check their licensing because they can differentiate.