Dell EMC PowerFlex Review

All in one box solution that is effective for our infrastructure

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for storage nodes and compute nodes and I like that it is all in one box. It is very effective to use it for our infrastructure.

What needs improvement?

Something that needs to improve is that if you want to upgrade just one feature, you have to go to the highest model, which is the All-Flash Solution.

1- there are features like deduplicate and compersion, it's available only in the all-flash solution for Vxrack also auto-tiering and caching not available only in the all-flash scenario in VxRack flex

2- another way if you have the all-flash box from vxRack (SSD drive), cannot be mixed with normal HDD and the maintenance will be very expensive

Scalable and stable and very user-friendly

The program is stable.

I believe it is a scalable solution.

I am not really impressed by the technical support of this solution. The product really needs better and more support.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from 1 to ten, I will rate this solution an eight.

More Dell EMC PowerFlex reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco HyperFlex HX-Series
Find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, VMware, Nutanix and others in Hyper-Converged (HCI). Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.